iMessage On Mac: iMessage is a popular Instant messaging service developed by Apple. It lets the user send a text message, photos, videos, over the Internet to other iOS or Mac user. We can say iMessage is an alternative to the normal SMS messages, which offers synchronization between the devices and the option to send messages through the Internet instead of SMS/MMS. iMessage is very easy to use and the setup is also very easy. So, here in this article, we are going to explain to you how to set up iMessage on Mac. Check out the full guide and follow the steps.
How To Connect iMessage To Mac?
iMessage comes with your Mac by default only, so you don’t need to worry if you have not launched it before. Just go to your Apps folder and open iMessage from there. And to set up iMessage on Mac, just log in with your iCloud Apple ID and Password.
Also read: iMessage for android
iMessage is not flawless like any complex software. The user normally gets a few problems which normally does not have any proper solution. So, this article will help you to fix all the problems which you might get while using the iMessage.
iMessage is the messaging service by Apple which you automatically get with your Apple ID. If it is not set up then it will ask you to Sign in when you Open the messages app.
Message on MacOS allows you to communicate with friends, family, employees who are using a different platform like Apple’s iMessage, with SMS and services from Google, Yahoo, and AOL. So, if you are a new user to Mac or have never set up the Messages then you might be thinking how to do it.
How to Set Up and Use iMessage on Mac?
Whenever you open the Message app first it will ask you to login with your Apple ID and Password. You can Sign In with the same ID which you use on your other device. Follow the steps to set up and Use iMessage on MAC.
- First of all launch the Messages App on your MAC and Sign In with your Apple ID and Password.
NOTE: For your Apple ID, if you have enabled two-step or two-factor authentication then enter your verification code.
- Then in Menu Bar click on Messages and choose preferences
- Now, Tap on Accounts and choose the phone number and Email ID which you want to enter
- Once you are with Sign In, Start chatting with your friends.
So, this is how you can set up your iMessage on Mac.
How to Start a Conversation in Messages App on Mac?
- First of all, open the Messages app on your Mac.
- Now, enter the message in the field at the bottom of the window
- If you want to add emoji then tap on the emoji button and select one emoji
- If you want to insert an image or another file then drag or paste it in the message field.
- And if you want to add Audio Recording then click on the microphone button and record your message to send it.
How to Add Phone Number to iMessage on Mac?
If you like to send and receive iMessages from your phone number on your Mac computer, then you need to add your Phone number to iMessage. Follow the steps to add a phone number to iMessage on Mac.
- Open your iPhone and go to Settings
- Then tap on Messages and see iMessage is ON
- Then Go To Send and receive and Sign In with same Apple ID which you have used in iMessage on Mac
- Now, go to “You can be reached” section and make sure there are checkmarks beside your Apple ID and phone number.
- Now, open iMessage on your MAC and go to Messages, then Preferences
- Tap on the Accounts and choose your iMessage account
- Switch On your Phone number by selecting your Apple ID and click on the check box.
Benefits Of Using iMessage
Let us check out the Benefits of using iMessage.
- iMessage does a lot more things then SMS and MMS. It supports sending, videos, photos, files, locations and other types of data by using the Messages app.
- iMessage works on WIFI or mobile data. As it can send or receive images, videos so it uses a lot of data. And if you are on Wifi then you can send messages from iMessages without using your data.
- The iMessage is faster than SMS or MMS. The technology is used differently in sending SMS and MMS messages than in iPhone.
How to Add a Tapback to an iMessage on Mac
- First, open the Messages App and then open a conversation with your friend or any.
- Now, control-click a message bubble and open a shortcut menu then select Tapback from the menu
- Click on a Tapback to add it to the message bubble
- The Tapback will be visible to all in the conversation who is using iMessage with MacOS Sierra or iOS 10.
- You can turn off DND for a chat if you don’t want to get disturbed by the notifications.
Start FaceTime Video or Audio Call from iMessage on Mac
While chatting with your friends, or family, if you want to have a video call or audio call then you can do it in iMessage on MAC. Check out how to use Face time for Audio or Video call.
- First, you need to open the Messages app on your Mac
- The open one conversation
- There at the top right corner, you will see Details
- Click on it
- Now, select, Audio call or Video call to start the conversation.
Related Post: How to fix the iMessage Waiting for Activation Error
So, if you are also a Mac user and don’t know much about iMessage then read out this article and start using iMessage app. With the help of iMessage, you can send and receive text, do a video call, audio call and much more. Just use it one time you will love it. Just go through the full article and check out how to use and set up iMessage on Mac. We hope this article is helpful to you. Stay tuned to us for more and latest updates.