iMessage for android? You might be fascinated with androids but the real deal always stays with iPhones. Not that Android is bad, it is still the best for money. But with money, Apple does have something really great that Android users want more than anything. iMessage has made an era for Apple devices. As it is literally and practically the best messaging app around in all platforms. But it is not available on Google as Apple did not provide permission for that. But can we use iMessage on Android?
It seems like we can. But not exactly.
iMessage has all the features that are required in a proper messaging app. Certain Google apps also have similar kind of features, but Apple kind of did a better implementation. And that has made the app better.
How can you get imessage for android 2019?
The short answer is you can’t. You can’t exactly use iMessage on Android as Apple does not support that. It simply does not. Plus, iMessage has different encryption features (which only it knows) that will actually not comply with iMessage if developed on Android. That is the main technical reason.
But Google does have a solution with which you can enjoy features of iMessage and even message Apple users with it. If your friend has an iPhone actually.
So how to do it?
Google has an app called weMessage which is available for all Android OS versions, mostly above Lollipop. You need to also have a Mac computer to further ado the process. (As you will need at least an apple device to initiate it even if it’s a computer rather than an iPhone). And it seems like you won’t be able to use imessage for android without a mac. So you need one really.
The technical idea is that you install weMessage on your Mac computer using libraries. Then you install weMessage on your android and do a proper manual configuration to make it support for iMessage on Apple devices.
Are there any imessage alternatives for android?
You can use Air Message but still, that will require the same set of configurations to make it work on a mac. weMessage is far simple to use in that perspect.
And this is the only way to use iMessage and message on it.
Let gets started then.
How to install iMessage for android
What do you need?
- An Apple Mac Computer
- Java libraries (Or a Java SE above 7 or 7)
- weMessage program file for Mac
- Android Phone with weMessage installed on it.
Let understand these steps individually.
First, you have to install the weMessage program on your Mac computer.
Follow the steps below;
- Your Mac supports a UNIX system, so you will need Java Libraries. As the weMessage program is actually a java application. And you have to run it anyway.
- In order to check whether you have Java already installed, open up the terminal app on your Mac. Type Java. If it is installed, it will show up the library initials and the version too. If it does not show up, then you have to install it.
- Download java from online. It is free of cost. Download the latest or at least Java 7. You can navigate to the official site to download.
- Then you have to download weMessage program from online.
- Navigate to the folder where it is downloaded. Open System preferences at the top left the corner. Then click on security& privacy. Then go to the general tab, click on Open Anyway.
- Then you have to do the next setting. You have to do some access configurations that your mac has. Go to System Preferences, then to Security & Privacy screen, navigate to privacy tab and then click on Accessibility.
- Click on the lock icon that you will find at the bottom left of the settings. If you are prompted for a password, enter your mac password(which you use to log in on normal).
- Now click on +icon, go to your hard drive to Applications. Then click on Utilities.
- Click Terminal and then click on open.
- Double click on run.command again (that you have tried earlier ) to launch the program. Then a new terminal window will open. (you can also try opening the app using the terminal window but that will require you to use some commands, but forget it).
- At last, it worked. Now, enter your email that you normally use with iMessage. Then enter your password.
Now you have configured your Mac to handle everything. Now you have to do the same on your android smartphone. Make sure you have one.
How to enable iMessage on android?
Here are the steps to follow ;
- Fire up your Android. Go to the PlayStore and download the weMessage app.
- After downloading is complete, launch it.
- Click on continue to the prompt. Then it will ask for your permission for using your media data. Click Allow.
- Now here is the technical part. You have to use your Mac’s IP address on your android to use it so that the weMessage program on your Mac interaction is directly interfaced with your android. This the main trick to do.
- In order to find your Mac’s IP, go to System Preferences, Click on Network, then Advanced, then on TCP/IP. There you will get it.
- Enter the IP on to the app field on your android.
- Enter the same email and the password on to your android that you have entered on your weMessage program on your map.
- Then you will see the conversation interface right away.
Test the performance by sending a message to any of your friends. If it goes right away with the check on, then it works.
Congrats, now you can use iMessage on your android with ease.
Using iOS apps is pretty much simple if you know the right techniques to employ them. But you have to know that somethings always don’t work. Using apple applications is actually more preferable if you have an apple computer. It is a simple PC that makes working with Apple apps far better. And you can use a Mac to initiate almost all of the apple apps, in other devices. Like just now we have done with iMessage.